A 6-WEEK INTERNSHIP IN THE PALACE MUSEUM
Organized by the Home Affairs Bureau, HKSAR Government,
with the Leisure and Cultural Services Department and
the Hong Kong Volunteers Association as executive arms
Under this internship, students will explore work environment on the Mainland and be assigned with a mentor for different professional trainings and exposure in this prestigious museum (some proposed job descriptions are: 文物修護、展覽策劃、藏品管理、觀眾服務、古建修繕、教育推廣、市場推廣…).
Programme details are as follows:
19 June – 28 July 2017 (Tentative)
· Students are required to pay a deposit of HK$2,000 which is refundable after the successful completion of the internship and all related pre-and-post internship activities
· Inter-city transportation, accommodation, insurance and cultural exchange activities will be arranged and covered.
To be eligible for this internship, the nominee(s) should satisfy the following criteria:
· Must be a full-time non-final year undergraduate or postgraduate student
· Must be the holder of a valid Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card
· Possess good command of Putonghua
· Show strong interest in working at museum or cultural industry
· Must be able to attend the interview on 4 March 2017 (Sat)
Students who are interested in this project can send Prof. Wengcheong Lam (firstname.lastname@example.org) a completed application form with a copy of your résumé latest by February 5, 2017.
The application form can be downloaded from the email sent by the department to call for applications for summer internship opportunities in early January.